Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Surprise Amazement!

This afternoon, when very indecisively scrolling through my iPod trying to figure out just what the hell I was in the mood for, I decided to select The Middle East, simply because I hadn't listened to them in a while. But alas; it was perfect.



I was once again overwhelmed by the serenading music of these unique musicians. My introduction to The Middle East was quite a memorable one. I decided to see their show at Woodford Folk Festival '09/'10, as it was recommended to me by the lovely, early morning dwelling, bongo drum playing, tent assisting gentlemen in the tent next door. Having never heard them before, I was instantly in a state of surprise amazement when they began. Not only were they extremely talented musicians, but they combined musical genres and elements that I never would have dreamed of combining, resulting in this incredible creation of bliss. Their vocal harmonies.. holey mother of God. All of their voices have this kind of pure, enchanting quality to them. The combined timbre (in such beautiful chords) is just so phenomenal. In my opinion anyway :) And their lyrics. There is an underrated poet amongst them. You must listen (here) if you haven't already. I recommend "The Darkest Side" if you're keen to hear what I was talking about with harmonies.

x